Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sweet Summer Internship

So, we did some fun things this week, but I'm so new to blogging that I keep forgetting to bring my camera along! I'm still learning :)

I decided to make a little post about the internship I'm doing to finish my Recreational Management and Youth Leadership degree from BYU. I'm in my 3rd week of 14 (400 toal hours! whew.) My friend Sarah Hull suggested I hit up her uncle Hank:


He's been a swimmer/swim coach/beach bum/traveler his whole life and runs a kids aquatics program in Long Beach/Huntington Beach! Doesn't he look like an awesome dude? Well, he is!

So, Hank and a buddy started this program called Swim Focus (home of the Rocket Fish swim team) last summer. They're all about promoting the aquatic lifestyle - surfing, swiming, hanging at the beach. You can check it out at www.swimfocus.org. It's been rad so far!


Right now we're teaching kids to be awesome swimmers at a high school pool and working to get ready for the upcoming summer when we'll start 2 swim team practices a day and a day camp called B.A.L.F's:

(beach, activities, lifesyle, fun!)


Thanks Sarah, for the sweet hook up!

4 comments:

The Cornett Family said...

That sounds like so much fun! Maybe the next time we're in CA you can teach Breck how to swim! Well, he's probably a little young yet, but that would be a fun job! It looks like you're having a blast, and I love reading your blog!

Sarah Hull said...

oh man I am so glad that is working out for you! I think you two will really have an awesome summer working together. it will be neat to see all the things you teach one another!
Lots of love!

Brie said...

that sounds like a great intership! And Congrats on finishing school. Doesn't if feel great. And Thanks for the donation for my 5k. I've doubled my orginal goal.

Brynne said...

That sounds awesome....and Hank does look like a cool guy. Or maybe it's the name. Either way, he is rockin'.