Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Real life is slowly creeping in...and I don't know how I feel about it.

Shally news...
Shane is the newest baller in town! I played lots of basketball growing up and have really missed it. I heard the guys at church played every week and finally got the guts to see if I could keep up with the boys. Shane is awesome and went with me, even though he never played b-ball (though everyone always assumes he did). Turns out it's a blast! We've played every week for 2 months now. I'm loving it and Shane is owning everyone.
Along with learning basketball, Shane's been learning how to be a property manager.
And he's doing a really fantastic job. I'm proud of my man!
Meanwhile, I've started SCHOOL again! Yikes. I only have one more GE requirement to get my bachelor's degree from BYU. So, to fulfill that requirement I'm taking college alegbra and statistics at Long Beach City College. Wish me luck! If all goes as planned I'll be a college grad in May. Woot!
And luckily we have this trusty scooter to get me around every day.
I've been cruising all across Long Beach on this baby.
"Back to life, back to reality" - En Vouge. That's a good song, I think I'll turn it on...

7 comments:

Morgan said...

good for you for playing church ball! i wish I could keep up with the boys when it comes to bball but the whole hand eye coordination thing sort of passed me by. You'll get used to this new life you guys have got going on- i mean it can't get too bad living on the beach!!! i know what you mean though, just don't let your classes get you down, they will be sooooo worth it in the end!

Chotz said...

YAY for your hot skooter!

The Johnson Family said...

Lovin the scooter!Cam drives one to work now that we only live a mile away! I kinda want one of my own.. If only you could put a carseat on the back.

N+C said...

church b-ball... thats awesome!!! you're so brave... but you're good too it sounds like! I second the scooter comments! Its awesome!! You two just get cooler and cooler.
good luck with school!!!!!

Josie said...

Hey Sally, I was just looking at Kooie's blog and saw your blog and I was wondering why the heck I didn't have your blog. So things look like they are going great for you guys. Congrats on four years time flys huh! Well hope all is well lets keep in touch. Rusty says Hello!

Brynne said...

Way to roll with the boys!! I love me some pick up ball! :) Wish I was there to play with you. :( Shane is one of those hidden athletic prodigies huh? Anyway, glad the business is going well, and that you are almost done with school!! SO jealous! Man, I love and miss ya. ps. real life is the bomb.

Peterson's said...

YES!!! The MOPED WOMAND RETURNS! I still have my old scooter from HS we used to ride it all around Rexburg. But we are going to sell it this spring.