Saturday, March 27, 2010

Classy Tennis Weekend

Since moving to Long Beach, Shane and I have taken up tennis. We're not very good, but we have a lot of fun. Shane decided to take it to the next level and start following the pros. Every year there is a big tournament in Palm Springs, and it wasn't really a question in Shane's mind if we were going to be there!
We knew when we got there that we weren't at some crazy concert:
The first day we were lucky enough to see THIS guy up close!! Rafael Nadal.
I would say he's the David Beckham of Tennis, but better at tennis than Beckham is at soccer.
Plus he's the star of the newest Shakira video. Sooooo legit.
We were there waiting for him after the match! Pretty cool.
We stayed ALL night!
The next morning it was back to the stands for some even bigger, better matches.
Palm Springs was giving us some major sunshine.
We got to watch Andy Roddick, the #1 American with the fastest serve in tennis.
We spotted his swim suit model wife, Brooklyn Decker, in the stands.
After a few hours, Shane looks down, sees his sunburned thighs, laughs, and says, "Totally worth it."
I have to say, we had a really fun weekend. To top it all off- we were featured on the kiss cam! And no- Shane didn't give me a cute couple kind of kiss. It was more like the cookie monster attacking some chocolate chip cookies.
That's my man.
Until next year!!

5 comments:

kelliemcc said...

Hey sunburn, ever heard of skin cancer? Looks like fun, where's the picture of my boyfriend Gavin?

N+C said...

Sweet!!! I've never played tennis except in PE class in middle school. I'm lovin the oldies in the first pic... not a rockin' crowd... but classy? I think yes!

10 points!!!
Also- unrelated to this post but relevant to previous posts- I've noticed several MJ references so I think you would appreciate it if I admit to you that I was once obsessed with MJ at one time in my life. Obsessed? Okay, thats a bit scary to say but he pretty much rocked my world... I taught myself to moonwalk.

Teija in PDX said...

Live tennis match! So fun! You two get to do such cool things.

Brynne said...

What a fun date weekend!! We love tennis too! Doubles sometime?

Kirsti.osborne said...

love it! and i miss CA, you're pictures make me so jealous.