Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Grass Sledding on The Wings of Love

My sister-in-law Morgan's family lives about 30 minutes south of us, and when her parents go out of town they hire Kirsti or I to come hang out with their kids!
This past weekend I felt like a kid again. Here's what we did:
Some of my favorite memories as a kid was playing in the rain. So, I took the kids on a bike ride to their school play ground in the middle of a total down pour. Totally awesome.
Then, the neighbors happened to have a grass sled, and since it was very wet the conditions were perfect for some extreme grass sledding! We were doing backwards triple decker's within a few runs. Super fun.
After a trip to the batting cage and a few more trips to the park, I decided the ultimate kid weekend wouldn't be complete without watching a movie in an awesome living room fort!
But I have to say, I was super excited to get home to my man.
We had lots of time to get cozy together because the Bachelor finale was a whopping 3 hours long!
Amidst all the controversy and Tenly lovers, here's the conclusion we came to:
Tenly and Jake were just way too much alike. Jake loves Vienna's craziness and young personality because he needs that in his life. Vienna loves Jake's calmness and and needs that secure feeling he gives her.
It just works better; they balance each other out.
However, we still think there is a very small chance these two will last long.
Personally, there weren't very many girls this season we loved, but we think Ali will make a decent Bachelorette.
The end.

6 comments:

Alex and Morgan said...

awesome!!!!!!! The kids say they had so so so much fun with you! Way to be the awesomest babysitter ever.

julieb said...

thats like the funnest kid weekend ever! i would have died to have you babysit me as a kid.

littlepenelopelane said...

fun times all over the place! AND I agree with Shally's bachelor thoughts. It's all true.

Millicent said...

Ms. Sally Jo - Looove that you did a little grass sledding. My brothers and I ALWAYS did this when it rained. Total blast!

P.s. Keep June 12th open, my friend. 'Cause some girl is getting married, in L.A., and it's gonna be one heck of a par-tay.

Brynne said...

How FUN! Cool to think we were both having cozy dates with our hubs watching bachelor monday! I actually always liked Vienna and thought she was mis judged. Maybe because I knew they had chemistry. :) I like your conclusion.

Lance N Amy said...

Bite yer tongue!!! I do agree with the not too many to choose from but Vienna sausage c'mon! gag me!
They won't last very long... and I'm only saying this bc it's true out of 15 seasons only 2 have gotten married and 4 couples total are together!

cute pics I wanna try grass sledding sometime that looks quite fun!