Thursday, August 19, 2010

Surprise Bungee Hike!

So, my family from Guam came to the USA for some vacation and I was lucky enough to hang out with them for several weeks! It was awesome (blog coming soon). But all good things come to an end...and Shane knew I would be bummed. Being the sweet husband that he is, the day after they left he whisked me away on a romantic "hike." Yes, we did hike, but what he didn't tell me is that we would be BUNGEE JUMPING! We hiked 5 miles into beautiful San Gabriel canyon, outside of LA, and jumped off of the "bridge to nowhere."
The hike was sooo pretty and really fun. We waded through the river several times on our way.
Although I have to say the way down was much more enjoyable than the way up - cause I was FREAKING OUT! Since this was a surprise, I was not mentally prepared like the rest of the jumpers.
But I gathered myself and made the literal leap of faith. It was insane. And it was awesome.
(That guy helping me up seriously had to be my shrink before the jump! Couldn't have done it without him - he is good at his job.)
Shane's extreme tank top and short shorts gave him all the courage he needed. He loved it.
We have great footage of both of our jumps on our youtube page: www.youtube.com/sallyandshane
After jumping, we headed down below the bridge to enjoy the beauty. We watched some jumpers and took a few dips in the awesomely clear mountain water. We were loving being in the mountains for a change.
Thanks, Shane, for a rad surprise! I'm not mad at you anymore, now that we're both still alive. I guess we have to go sky diving next? Maybe I'll surprise you.

2 comments:

KoOie said...

Thats such a rad suprise!! I think im pretty daring, but bungee is the one thing I dont think I could EVER do! YOU GO GIRLY!!! miss/luf you kats!

sweet little sister said...

Wow!! Way to go Shane, what an awesome surprise!! I love the high adventure with you two. Too bad you're not backing me up in a certain cheesy play I won't mention. It would have made everything better to have you guys in it. So did you love the bungee jumping?! How much & would you go again? Let me know!!!!