Sunday, September 12, 2010

Bringing sexy back to my life


Justin Timberlake and I meet again! Okay, not really "meet" but we were in very close proximity. It all started while babysitting, watching 'N Sync on TRL. JT crooning in a wife beater, earings, curly bleached locks. I was hooked. Shane took me to see him in concert in 2007 (best night EVER), and then last year we sat in the front row at Jimmy Kimmel while JT was a guest. And now,THIS marvelous evening:
Justin has a clothing line called William Rast that he started with his best friend, Trace Ayala. It's a pretty awesome collection and if I was rich I'd be decked out in William Rast. So Friday night was "Fashion Night Out" in LA and New York. Justin made an appearance at Nordstroms in Santa Monica to promote his clothing line. He said hello, made some jokes, and gave away some free stuff from his line.
Excited.
My husband gets an award for the night. He was the best! He left work way early to come pick me up and drive to Santa Monica. He waited around for 2 hours in the middle of a swarm of eager girls. He saw some girls interviewing people for JustinTimberlake.com and sent them over to me to be interviewed! And yes, they interviewed me:) Stay tuned for that; I'm thinking Monday it will be up.
After the Nordstroms appearance, me being the insider that I am, knew that he'd make another appearance down the street at his William Rast store. We headed over and saw it was exclusive and you had to be on the list to get in. Luckily, with all our experience being poor and dipping our toes in showbiz world, we've learned how to schmooze! One of the girls working for JT spotted me outside and just brought us right in! It was pretty rad.
The store was pretty small and we were in the very front. These pictures are all taken by me! We were so close we could smell his hair gel. Pretty unreal!
Yes!
I made friends with JT's cousin and met his best friend...so yeah, I'm getting close to meeting the man himself :) After the appearance, the JT.com girls took me and another guy out front to do a "fan battle!" It was funny. We took some photos, introduced ourselves, and then we were asked trivia questions on camera. Of course, I won. Then I asked his cousin, "Don't you think the winner of the fan battle earned a picture with Justin?" She said she thought I was right! So she went to the back and showed him the video! He said "Oh, she's from Long Beach, I dated a girl from Long Beach."(he's talking about Cameron Diaz by the way) But to my extreme disappointment his cousin said he was with his friends and about to leave and he had had a really long day, yada yada...so no hand shaking or picture :( But it WILL happen! I was so close, so now I'm very determined. Overall it was a super awesome evening. Thanks Shane, for being my supportive, fellow JT fan! I love you!!

8 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

whhhoottt! Whooot! Those are SUPER awesome shots! I am so glad you WORKED IT OUT!! Dang! That picture of you with JT in the background looks like he is singing to you! Nice!

kirsti osborne said...

sally you amaze me!!! i can't believe how close you were. shane deserves a husband of the year award!

KoOie said...

thats so freakin AWESOME Sal!! I love it! Im proud of Shane for helping you in your stalking endeavors ;) YOU WILL MEET HIM, not if, but when hunny!

Harpski said...

That is the best. I compeletely support this. One day, one day it will happen!

Brittany said...

Your A-mazing, so a-mazing, it's a-mazing, so a-mazing. That's so cool Sally! I am very jealous! You have an awesome hubby to do all that for you. That's love. Can't wait for the video!

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh. I have such a huge smile right now. That is awesome! I was a fellow N'Sync lover.

Um, yes and yes we will hang out when you come in December!!

Brynne said...

So CLOSE!! With your persistence and personality, I really think YOU should be famous. ;)

ChrisBCrazy said...

omg sally i am SO jealous!!!!!!!