Monday, October 18, 2010

WEEKEND TOP 3

This weekend was another very lovely Long Beach Shally weekend. I love it here and I love my husband.
Enough of that, on to the WEEKEND TOP 3 (I just made that up...) We experienced 3 new awesome things this weekend that I'd like to share with you all, my dear friends and family.

#1. Little Saigon Massage
We went with some friends on Friday night to a dark, pretty sketchy strip mall in a place called Little Saigon to get a one hour massage for $20! It was quite the experience. We entered through a sheet veil into a very dimly lit room jammed with massage beds and Vietnamese people who don't speak English. I laid next to Shane as a Vietnamese man worked me over! It was funny and relaxing and funny.
#2. Cottage Cheese Enchiladas
On Saturday I had some leftover rotisserie chicken from Costco (the best!) and we were having the missionaries over for dinner. So I decided to make chicken enchiladas and found this cottage cheese recipe (Shane suggested we try it). It was AWESOME! I'm not taking the credit - this recipie is the bomb. Here's the link, you have to try it! http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cottage-Cheese-Chicken-Enchiladas/Detail.aspx
#3. Red Tide at night
We decided to walk by the ocean on the way home from a friends house and we saw something AMAZING! Red tide is an event in which estuarine, marine, or fresh water algae accumulate rapidly in the water column and results in discoloration of the surface water. And it looks really cool at night - the waves light up like the Belagio in Vegas! And when we walked, the sand lit up under our feet. SO COOL!

Those, ladies and gentlemen, were our WEEKEND TOP 3.

4 comments:

Morgan said...

so awesome!!!! so jealous you get to admire the red tide! I love it!!!! Good explaination too!

Karel said...

Way to go you two! Keep up the Romance for another 60 or so years!

Fab Five said...

That's awesome- the red tide! Wish we had that here... in Moscow...

Thanks for the recipe! Going to try it tonight!

Brynne said...

WOW! That red tide...breathtaking. As for the enchiladas and vietnamese massages, I'll have to try both. ;)