Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Race on the Base

Last Saturday I completed my very first (sprint) triathlon! Shane was planning to do it with me until he injured his knee while surfing 3 weeks ago, dang it. But he was awesome and calm when I showed up to the race unprepared! Maybe I didn't do much triathlon training, or register correctly, or catch the pre-race meeting...but luckily in the end my schmoozing skills came in handy once again. I got my number pinned on just in time!
Shane hobbled around getting my bike in place, cheering, and filming. What a guy.

The race was a reverse, sprint triathlon, to be exact. I ran a 5k, biked 12 miles, then swam 200 meters. A perfect beginner triathlon. It took me about 1 hour and 23 minutes. 4th in my age group! I've decided I want to do it again next year, more prepared and with less messing around during transitions. It was fun!
Here's a little footage:

10 comments:

Alex Osborne said...

hoorah! tutuly coool. good on ya.

N+C said...

impressed as usual!!!!! you are a such a cool young fit lady!!! Good job!!!

Kirsti.osborne said...

whaaaaat! awesome! we are so proud of you! great job! 4th... that is sooo good! what a cool aunt navy and audio have. and what a cool sister in law i have.!

Lance N Amy said...

way to go Sal!! we didn't even know, but congrats on 4th!

Morgan said...

way to go sistah! you are so awesome!

nan said...

Wow - you rocked it! Way to go girl! This is only the beginning :) And Shane - thanks for filming - I feel like I was there!

Ashley said...

I am proud, real proud, and happy you didn't drown or get caught in the headwind.

Jill said...

Yes, that headwind was insane!! WAy to go, Sal! It was a lot of fun

kelliemcc said...

Nice job sista! 3/4ths, 2/3rds, 1/3rd you rocked it :)

Teija in PDX said...

Rock on Sal! You kicked that sprint triathlon in the rear end! Good job!