Thursday, April 7, 2011

Life Latley


Life lately has been fun! Mostly because my bother ALEX came to visit!! For those of you who don't know, Alex is living in Canberra, Australia, earning his masters degree in International Relations. AND...his cute wife Morgan is PREGNANT! Yes- we're very excited to get another niece or nephew!
Alex was in town for week, checking out some future job options, and we were lucky enough to get to play with him! We went surfing in San Clemente with Morgan's brothers, who schooled us on the waves :) We had a total blast.
Shane and Laura (Morgan's little sister), cheered us on from the sidelines. Sadly, Shane tore his meniscus surfing about a month ago. HUGE BUMMER. But he's been slowly recovering and has been KILLING it at work!! Last month was his biggest month EVER and I'm SUPER proud of him. Really, he's owning that biz.
Dorothy and I have been having some good times lately. She calls me her "fashionista." I get to dress her (she has closets full of fun things!), and shop with her lots. The picture on the left was "Red Cross Day." The picture on the right, she's wearing what she calls her "Oprah Shirt" because it has a beautiful neck line :). We found it shopping at a thrift store, which is one of our favorite activities.
Above, you can see her happily watching the golfers (me included) at the driving range. We've got to come up with things to do every day - so why not have some FUN, right?! Often, I'll set her up on the beach while I go out for a surf session. Other days, we'll go to the movies, read books on the patio, stroll through the mall, get our nails done...it's tough! And we go to lunch just about every day. Because of that, you can find me sweating it out in her living room to Jillian Michaels workout DVD's!!
Below is a piece of original art given to me by one of the cute kids in my pee wee soccer class at the Jewish Community Center. I've been teaching soccer every Monday to a group of 20 3,4, and 5 year olds! The first day was INSANE, but I've been slowly getting things under control week by week, and I think the kids are getting close to understanding the no-hands rule! Hallelujah!
Also, I am still teaching swim for Dorothy's son, Hank, every week at a pool on the beach! It's not easy, but it's fun and drains my energy - which is a GOOD thing!
That's all for today's Life Latley Update.

4 comments:

Brynne said...

I'm totally jealous of the fun ocean activities with Alex! Makes me want to come again! So happy for them and their little nugget and job search. :) Morgans sis is so cute! Also, sorry to hear about Shane's knee! Sounds like he figured it out. So, no surgery needed, huh? As for Dorothy and your swim/soccer teaching...cutest things ever. I bet you are awesome with the kids!! I am coaching Cade's 4 yr old soccer team, too. First game Saturday...woot! :) Love you!!!!!!

Kirsti.osborne said...

so fun sally! you have an awesome job!! you gotta come visit us soon or we should get down there again. these kids miss their aunt and uncle. love ya!

Morgan said...

LOVE the surf day pictures, LOVE that you are Dorthy's fashionista, and LOVE that you can do exercise videos on the job- seriously you've got the good life :-)

Ashley said...

I love it. Thanks for posting pics of Dorothy! Sounds like you two are just best buddies :) haha.