Thursday, September 8, 2011

Beach camping + Beach rock climbing!


Sadly the summer is over :( I had the GREATEST time ever with the fam. Once I get all my pictures in order, you'll see! But in the mean time, here are a few fun things we've done since...

San Onofre surf campout:
Totally amazing. I had THE BEST two surf sessions of my life so far. We headed down to this famous longboarding spot with our friends Randal and Lindsay. We surfed for a solid 3 amazing hours, it was like I was in surf heaven. Then we got some good food, came back and made the best peanut butter banana s'mores ever. Next we camped, woke up early to some amazing views, and headed down to a bigger spot for another epic surf session. Best waves of my life. To top it all off, back at camp we cooked a tasty hot breakfast!

Rock climbing in Malibu:
My brother Alex and his darling pregnant wife Morgan are rock climbing enthusiasts. They took us to the RADDEST climbing spot EVER. As you can see, you get to climb right on the shoreline! I felt like I was in a movie. Al and Morg had some fun friends in town and the 6 of us tried to take it all in. We had some pizza, some great conversation, and some fun climbing.
(I won't mention that I'm a weenie when it comes to climbing!! I freeze and panic every time! I know, it's surprising. But sadly true. But I still like it and am determined to get over that weenieness.)


Loving our adventures lately!

6 comments:

Brynne said...

Oh my gosh!!! So awesome. I just look at the pictures and feel like I'm there. But.... sadly, I'm not. :( By the way...what an awesome and crazy pregnant rock climber!! P.S. Sally's hot.

Kirsti.osborne said...

morgan is awesome and so are you! i have such a great family!

ChotZ said...

Awesome pix! I love all your adventures! How cute is your sister in laws belly while rock climbing? You guys are great. :)

Ashley said...

Um..your summer '11 for Sal looked like the bomb.com! I know everyone has said it but..your sis in law..wowza! Crazy lady! Loving the healthy take on smores. I should try that sometimes. Oh and, Leslie Knop, here I come (total fave show right now for me too.)

elyssa said...

totally not a weenie. you made it up and down that thing in less than half the time i did!

(and yes, i'm a weenie, but you are clearly at least twice as fast as a weenie. is that too many weenies in one comment?)

Morgan said...

That first picture is gorgeous- you are such a babe! This summer was EPIC! Can we do it again next summer!?!