Friday, October 14, 2011

Running in my sleep



So, I'm running a marathon next month. Yep. My first marathon ever. My brother Brian signed up and talked me into it. I think he's having a suburban-dad-life-crisis.
There's a studly woman in my ward who invited me to run with her hard core ladies running group. She's been inviting me for years. Here's why it's taken me this long to join them: they run at 5am! But I need major motivation to train for this marathon...so I am now a 5am runner. I didn't even know 5am existed before now.

I get up at 4:45, I'm home at 6:30...and back to sleep at 7:oo! It's hilarious, I know. But since Shane and I are kid-less, Shane's his own boss, and I don't leave for work until 9:30...we haven't gotten that "early to bed, early to rise" thing down quite yet. We're enjoying it while we still can!

So, I'm literally running in my sleep. My workout is done before I even wake up for the day! Pretty awesome actually. I'm having a really fun time running with this group of strong women, and I'm getting pumped for the big race!

Thanks Brian, for having a suburban-dad-life-crisis.

4 comments:

Anna and Corban said...

Thats awesome. One day I will make it to a 5k... lol. You can do it, you never cease to amaze me.

Brynne said...

So cool!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Core workout is the first step towards maximizing strength gains and building muscle, and that strong supporting muscles around the spine will help reduce lower back pain.

Mrs. Hembree said...

Sal! I wish we could run together! This post is so funny, it totally made me laugh. I have been running a ton too, but not quite as much as you. Today I ran 11 miles, not quite as much as your 18, but I'm getting there. :) I want to run a marathon in April in London. Good luck with your running!