Monday, January 30, 2012

Friday Surf Day and more...

I need to take more pictures.
I don't have any new ones for you, but this one makes me happy!
And it's very telling of our weekends lately.

We LOVE to surf and it puts us in high spirits.
We decided to take Friday afternoons off so we can surf together. This was our second week of Friday Surf Day, and we can already tell we made the right decision. It's our favorite activity. I'm really proud and thankful to Shane for braving the cold waters and paddling out to surf the big waves. He's awesome and it makes me so happy to do something together that we both love so much.

After our surf session Friday, Shane took me to a fun local play:
Saturday we had another fun surf session with my brother Alex.

I got frustrated because I was using a tiny, difficult surf board, but then Shane traded me for his longer board and I rode some sweet waves. When we were packing up Shane says, "So, Sally catches and few waves and the world is great again." He got me.

This is our chosen surf spot lately, the Huntington Beach cliffs.
It was 80 degrees and sunny! You just can't beat it. Really.
Then we went to a really great baptism where both Shane and I shed many o' tear.
Afterwards we went to the movies to see...
I felt like I was on a ledge the whole two hours. We give it a thumbs up.

Sunday was a beautiful day of rest.

Now back to work! "Drop and give me 20, you hoodlums!"

2 comments:

Amy said...

Friday afternoons off?! Great idea! You guys are so cute and fun!

Morgan said...

The adventures of shane and sally are awesome!!! you guys rock! Maybe one of these days when I'm not so stressed out with roadshow I'll make it to a surf session or two!