Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Slumber Party!

Remember how stoked you'd get when your mom let you have a sleep over??
I do. And this weekend, we ladies gave ourselves permission.

I met up with these awesome girls after work Friday.
We dined at a tasty Mexican place on PCH and watched the sun go down over chips and salsa.
Then we saw saw the ultimate chick flick, "The Vow."
Although we did have some qualms, overall we really liked it. We all cried...some more than others...(you had to be there).

Next, we settled in at this rad place (Sarah's family's Laguna Beach apartment). We had a gab fest until the wee hours of the morning. Well...1:30am seems really late for me now! My late night, early morning rock star life is faaaar behind me.
What did we do in the morning? What else? EAT! Its was pretty delicious.
Sarah's little sis, Sandy, met up with us later and she and I hit the beach. We tossed around the frisbee,
played a rousing beach volleyball game with a group of strangers, and then topped it off with a no-wet suit dip in the ocean!
Just what the doctor ordered.
This little excursion really renewed my thankfulness for my friends. I don't have sisters, so girlfriends are soooo needed!
And I'm so lucky to have them! Thank you Sarah, Amy, Dara, and Sandy! Love you all.

3 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

Dying over "some cried more than others.."
That made me laugh SO HARD!
That was the best and we need to seriously do that again ASAP!!!
Sisters forever!

Brynne said...

totally jealous! I have seriously been trying to put together a girl's night of some sort for a few weeks and nobody will indulge me. :/ Lame!! Looks like so much fun girls!!

Brynne said...

p.s. we saw the vow for Vday, and you're right....some cried more than others.... (JON)! Ahem. Anyway, I liked it. :)