Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Snow surfing.

This winter has been filled with my two loves (my other two loves): 
Snowboarding and surfing.

There was snow storm...so Kyle, Bryant, Shane, Goldie and I made an spontaneous trip to Mammoth Mountain! The 6 hour drive went well, with our angel baby. We got a room at the lodge so Shane and I could trade off w/ Golds. It was a BLAST. Two days of awesome snow on a huge mountain. 
Another fun day on the slopes was spent with the Hull family at Big Bear.
It was a beautiful sunny, warm So Cal day. The kids did amazingly great, and it was especially awesome to see Katie flying down the mountain. She's one inspiring, awesome little lady.
And then there is surfing. 
I was really afraid Goldie would keep me away from the waves...but alas, it isn't so! 
Shane and I have had a few special sessions where we were able to surf together. I have spent several mornings surfing solo (surprisingly still awesome).
But what has been SUPER amazing has been surfing with my sister in law, Morgan.
Her super rad mom lives in San Clemente (where the BEST waves are). So, we drop off our babies with her and head out into the ocean! Our mom surf sessions have brought some of the most beautiful, fulfilling, rejuvenating afternoons of my post-baby life. I am so thankful for Morgan and her mom, Tania. 

I often picture my little Goldie flying down the mountain, and playing in the waves. I can't WAIT to show her the ropes. And the joys!

1 comment:

BobSaget said...

Did you fornicate with that other woman in the pictures there? Disgusting