Sunday, May 9, 2010

Two for the price of one


Toni and Lew. Nope, not life partners in the usual sense of the saying. Not my two Dads, either. Yes, there's a history of unisex names given to the women in my family. But regardless of how you address them, they're two of the greatest parents in the world! And today, we get to celebrate them both.

So...Capeetan Lewis, aka King Lewie, aka The Dance Machine, aka the #1 hunting and fishing comrade, turned 59 today. Q: Do you know what they say about a guy who's 59? A: HE'S ALMOST 60! Jk, pops. Thanks for being such a great Dad. I can't tell you how many times my dad gave me his fishing pole so that I could keep fishing, while he sat on the banks of the Green River for an hour or two trying to get the snags out of my line! We love you and look forward to many more trips together in the future.

And now my dear mother! I could spend an hour on what an angel she is just for putting up with King Lewie. What a wonderful woman she is in so many ways. An amazing seamstress (she's done plenty of fixes on my trousers), the best movie watching partner (entertaining because she gets scared so easily), a real pain in the neck when we're playing card games in the trailer (watch out, she'll getcha when you least expect it), and always a nice hug, warm bed, and a hot meal when we cruise through town. Thanks for being a great friend and awesome mother.

We love you both so much,
Shane + Sal

2 comments:

kelliemcc said...

That was sweet, but I gave Mom Avatar, so I'm pretty sure I'm the favorite now!

Brynne said...

So cute. :) I think Lewie and Gatten would get along great! ;)