Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Husband & wife surf team.


Shane and I have been ansty to go on a surf weekend getaway for a while now and finally made it happen! 
We headed to San Onofre Friday afternoon and had a fun 2 hour surf sesh. 
(Yes, I can still surf just fine with my belly...we'll see how many more weeks I can last! And yes, the doctor says I can surf. 
And yes, I'm being extra careful.)
Then we drove to our motel (camping spots were all booked!) in Carlsbad.
It was the cheapest one we could find, and it was perfectly grubby and awesome. 
We slept in, then walked next door to a radical surf cafe for breakfast. It was almost like a surf museum- way cool. We ate delicious crunchy, banana french toast. (french toast coated with Honey Bunches of Oats. I'm going to try it at home- it was SO good!)
Then we surfed some big waves in Oceanside. We got worked! We're still pretty amateur surfers, trying to learn as we go. But it was fun to be in a new place. I like new places.
Next we walked the Encinidas street fair. Fun.
We had to make our weekend really count, so we headed back to San Onofre for a Saturday evening surf. 
Needless to say we were hungry and tired and happy. 
Stopped at Cafe Rio on the way home and BOOM. Perfect surf weekend accomplished. 
We are lucky. 

5 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

So rad. you guys are so rad. i love it. that french toast sounded ah--mazing!

Arica said...

these are my home diggs! oceanside, carlsbad, encinitas are all where i love to surf girlfriend. and escondido... well, you know, that's where i was raised so it's pretty chill. and high five, if i was pregnant, i'd totally keep going as long as i can.. and even once the belly gets too big, there's always knee paddling.(;

Peterson's said...

You need to try french toast with captain crunch! AMAZING!

Morgan said...

Next time we're coming!

Brynne said...

Oh man, you're making me jealous. :) Sounds epic.