Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Weekend Warriors

Shane and I would like to share our
weekend with you all!


I enjoyed another "Mom's Morning Off." I particularly love when this little girl comes to play! Isn't she a doll?!
Here she's saying "Ohhhh, wook how cute dis wittle wady bug is!"

The kids loved playing tag and Carter cracks me up.
On Friday night we were lucky to have Navy Beans as our 5th wheel! We went with our good pals Daniel and Kiffy to a college soccer game - way fun!
The boys had fun teasing Navy and you can be sure she loved the attention:)
Saturday we did something I can honestly say I never thought I'd willingly be spending my
Saturday afternoon doing....

ARCHERY! Yes, you read it right.

There's a huge park in Long Beach and Shane spotted some archery targets while driving by last week. He found out it's free every Saturday. There was no question in his mind where he'd be Saturday.
I agreed to go with him to be a
good wife and have an open mind.

I'm glad I went becuase it was like I was inside an episode of The Office. No joke!
This guy above was our favorite. (Like the Dwight of the episode.) That Robin Hood leather holster is a novelty he brought from home.
Shane had to show his respects.
These are our archery friends. The type who choose to spend their free time at the achery range out in what our volunteer instructor called "God's country."
We mean business.
And then came the ward Halloween Party where we were
excited to attend as MR. & MRS. MOOSE!!!
Shane found these hats on Ebay and we had to have them :)
We were so glad to have Tinker Bell and her cute parents join the party!
We were asked to do a game for the kids at the party. This is what our car looked like on the way from Sarah and Bryant's house to the church...
And it was all for WIPEOUT!
We made a mini obstacle course for the kids to run. We were jazzed to see the kids get that little competetive spark in their eye and get their blood flowing!

3 cheers for a fun weekend!

4 comments:

The Johnson Family said...

Ha I love the moose hats! I would have loved to play along with the kids on your mini wipeout!

Alex and Morgan said...

super duper cool!!!!!!!! love the archery, love Navy, her hair looked soooo cute with her tinkerbell outfit, love your hair in a pony tail, LOVE the moose hats and mini wipe-out. You guys are awesome. can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!!!!

Danielle Locken said...

sal, i'm not a boy.

Brynne said...

I seriously gut laugh when I read your blog. That is SO hilarious. The picture of Shane "showing his respects". What a classic!! I love it.
As for the wipeout at the ward party, I bet it was the coolest game there! And to have THEE Mr. and Mrs. Moose directing it?? Even better.
Navy is a doll. Let's arrange a marriage, here in the near future, before she gets old enough to realize my boys are Jon's sons. jk :)

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!