Thursday, December 17, 2009

Happiest birthday on Earth

Since living in Southern California for 2 and half years (wow, that's crazy...)
we have felt a cosmic pull toward this magical place...
Well, not really, but our friends REALLY love Disneyland and they've been desperately trying to talk us into getting season passes with them. For 2009, there is promotion for a free day pass on birthdays!
December 14th came and off we went.
(Yes, I got a haircut with my 83 year old friend Dorothy. Turns out old-lady hairstylists can work it!)
(Yes, those are my sweet photoshop skills shown below.)
First ride: Space Mountain. Epic.
"The Stars, they're just like US! They enjoy visiting Disneyland!"
It was very exciting to see Halle Berry and her model BF.
Sarah, Megan, me and Shawna. 3 hot moms and a professional babysitter.
By the way, these 3 moms are Disneyland OG's and know everything there is to know about everything. From which direction to hold your arms on a certain ride, to how many feet are between each trash can. I had the best hosts ever for my first DL experience. Screaming and clapping all day. Oh yes.
I couldn't control my urge to climb on the Swiss Family Robinson tree house
or raise the roof. Whoops.
What's awesome is that is was Megan's birthday too!
We had birthday pins and birthday churros.
And then this happened:
I upgraded to a season pass!
I'd officially and publicly like to thank Sarah Hull - it wouldn't have been possible without you. Tear.

Our neighbors Penelope and McKayla are Disneyland experts and met up w/ us for some Disneyland Adventure awesomeness!
Hungry from all the excitement, free fresh, warm tortillas hit the spot!
My new BF.
We topped off the night with some tasty Mexican food and flan.
Not so sure about the flan, but I was happy to get to blow out a candle on my 24th!
Thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday and made it an awesome day - I felt very loved.
I have the best friends and family a girl could ask for.
Here's to a magical 24th year of life. Disneyland4ever.

9 comments:

Summer Hardey said...

So glad you guys had such a fun day! I'm glad you got a photo of Halle Berry too! What an awesome way to spend your birthday!

Danielle Locken said...

yay. kiff and i have passes. let's gooooooo. we're through with school for 1 month. party.

N+C said...

i think its about time we became blog friends.
i somehow stumbled upon your blog and have been secretly getting updates for a few weeks now. IT FEELS WEIRD though and since we HAVE met before I thought i'd just put it out there... I'm Nick Hansen's wife. We stayed at your awesome house once for spring break while you guys were gone on tour. We were able to do some of the things you get to do everyday in that beautiful ocean town. you ARE lucky!!!
phew. that feels better. please don't be creeped out.
You guys are awesome!!
camie

N+C said...

H.B.!!! 24!

A Rosie Family said...

Happy Birthday Sally!!! (ok. belated birthday) So glad you had a good time!

Sarah Hull said...

That was the funnest day!!!

Brynne said...

::sigh:: wish I was there. :) Love you and glad you had fun.

p.s. I just had flan the other day for the first time. Ewey.

Alex and Morgan said...

Three beautiful blonds!!! I can't believe you saw Halle Berry! i've lived in CA all my life and haven't seen as many stars as you have!!! happy b-day girl!

Peterson's said...

yes, but have you gone to Disney World.....Its even better!