Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Exploring


We found ourselves totally free last Saturday morning...
Next thing we knew we were climbing through an awesome creek bed, over boulders, and up to a sweet little waterfall!
There was a mountain range we had yet to explore about 40 minutes away, and we were stoked to find such a sweet hike.
It took us about 3 hours, and that's huffing it!
If you come visit and want to do it, we'll take you - it's not your average hike (hikes can be boring). Super fun adventure/workout/hike/climb.

PS. I really love my hiking buddy.
He's trying to be a protective husband/dad and I'm trying to be semi-reasonable pregnant woman (not easy for me!!).
So we decided to let Shane do all the crazy climbing on the waterfall...while I took a deep, surrendering breath, sat on a rock and waved up to him.
Only 3 months to go and this baby will be here to hike with us! Crazy.

1 comment:

nan said...

What a beautiful spot! I'm proud of you for letting Shane take all the risks for now. I know that's REALLY hard for you! If you want to visit another crazy place this fall, I'll stay down below on the rocks with Baby Surf and we'll wave to you and Shane up on the waterfall. :)